BrakeCheck for Quarry & Plant Vehicles
The BrakeCheck4Quarries is our portable brake tester designed specifically for quarry and plant vehicles (including mobile cranes).
The Bowmonk BrakeCheck4Quarries is a fully self-contained, user-friendly, portable brake tester, suitable for quarries, coal sites, concrete plants, brickyards, recycling plants and HGV workshops. The instrument records the braking efficiency in a matter of minutes, and can optionally record the percentage of braking imbalance.
The Bowmonk BrakeCheck4Quarries determines braking efficiency of the Service Brake (Foot Brake) by measuring the rate of deceleration from a speed of around 12 mph until the vehicle comes to rest.
Designed to be self-compensating, the instrument will indicate on the LED screen when it is positioned level enough to perform a brake test, with a generous tolerance to ensure that this is easy to achieve.
As an optional feature the unit can indicate whether the vehicle pulls to the left or right during braking.
Hand brake tests are carried out via an inclined brake test. The vehicle is parked on an incline, whose slope angle is displayed and recorded by BrakeCheck4Quarries, and the operator confirms that the parking brake holds the vehicle stationary.
BrakeCheck4Quarries is also able to prompt the user to enter the condition and type of surface on which the brake test is being carried out, selectable from the following options:
- Wet ground
- Dry ground
- Snow or ice
BrakeCheck4Quarries is perfectly suited to testing the brakes of mobile crane vehicles, in accordance with the Construction Plant-hire Association’s Technical Information Note 104, which recognises that roller brake tests are often impractical for mobile cranes. BrakeCheck4Quarries allows easy testing of mobile crane braking systems, for both the in-service brakes (deceleration test) and the parking brake (hold on incline test).
BrakeCheck4Quarries stores up to 99 test results (for both service brake and hand brake) in its on-board memory. Test results can be viewed on the display panel or subsequently downloaded to a PC for saving or printing (optional software and cable required). A printed report can also be produced at the time of testing using the optional portable infra-red printer.
The device operates on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack and will power-down after a period of inactivity to conserve energy.
Calibration & Training
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- Measures Peak Deceleration Front/Rear*
- Measures Average Deceleration Front/Rear*
- Measures Peak Acceleration Left/Right*
- Vehicle pulls Left/Right indication and value*
- Calculates Brake Efficiency
- Calculates Stopping Distance (displayed in metres or, by special request, feet)
- Calculates Test Speed (displayed in km/h or, by special request, mph)
- Can be used for Hand Brake Test via inclined brake test
- Audio Signal
- Measures Ambient Temperature in °C and °F
- Battery charger supplied, with appropriate plug for destination country
- Operates for approximately 5 hours or approximately 120 tests on full charge
- Can be used after 5 minutes of charging
- Battery charge indicator
- Automatic level compensation
- Simple LED indicator system
- Easy to use
- "Calibration Required" indicator
- Three digit readout
- Display can be read in sunlight
- Internal self-diagnostics
- Test results are stated in 'g' units and are accurate to +/- 0.02g (results can be stated in m/s² by special request)
- Size: 170 x 80 x 35 mm
- Weight: 0.4kg
- Range of accessories available
*BrakeCheck4Quarries displays these parameters but by default they are not included on the print-out. Please specify at order time if peak and average deceleration results (including Left/Right pull) are required on the print-out, in which case CabCheckS software cannot be used.
BOW812 - BrakeCheck4Quarries
Stores 99 Service Brake and 99 Hand Brake tests into memory.
BOW812KIT - BrakeCheck4Quarries Kit
Includes a BOW812 BrakeCheck4Quarries, a wireless printer, a spare printer paper roll, a carry case and a CD with documentation.
The full range of accessories for the BrakeCheck are shown here.