On-board Weigh Scales (Mech/Air over 7.5t)
Kimax 2 is a universal on-board weighscale system for multi-axle vehicles weighing over 7.5 tonnes. The system provides single axle load, payload and total weight information to the operator, and offers numerous features and advantages to both the end-user and fleet manager.
Although primarily targeted at vehicles with mechanical suspension, a key feature of Kimax 2 is its compatibility with multiple types of suspension system. In addition to mechanical suspension, the Kimax 2 also supports air and hydraulic suspension systems, including a mixture of different types per vehicle (e.g. steel springs on the front axle and air suspension on the rear axles).
A single-DIN head unit displays the current loads for easy viewing by the driver.
Multiple configurable alarm levels are supported. When an individual axle exceeds its limit an LED illuminates on the in-dash display indicating the axle in question. Three additional external alarms are supported for the total vehicle weight, each with its own configurable threshold. When a threshold is exceeded a corresponding output is activated which can be used as the on/off input for another device, or to switch a relay or operate a traffic-light style warning system.
An optional wireless display allows live weight data to be viewed up to 100m from the cab - perfect for single-man loading situations.
Note - this product is for vehicles over 7.5t with mechanical or mixed suspension. For other suspension types please see:
- Individual gross axle weight display and overload alarm for multiple axles.
- Suitable for vehicles with mechanical suspension, air, hydraulic or mixed suspension over 7.5 tonnes.
- Gross vehicle weight display (GVW) and overload alarms.
- 3 x output lines indicating vehicle overweight
- Optional wireless display shows live weight values
- Accurate to +/-2%.
- Single-DIN in-cab display unit for easy integration.
- Can be retro-fitted on site without requiring structural alterations to vehicles.
- Enables correct loading of vehicles.
- Increases vehicle efficiency.
- Promotes best operator practice.
- Decreases vehicle downtime for service and repair.
- Supply voltage: 10-30 V DC
- Current consumption: max. 90 mA
- Alarm 1: Flashing display
- Alarms 2-4:
- output open collector NPN
- max. 0.2 A/ 50 VDC
- 3-digit 7-segment LED,
- Character Height: 20.3 mm
- Measuring accuracy: ± 2 % of maximum load at 0 °C to +50 °C
- Air connection: Quick release connection, 6 mm hose
- Maximum pressure: 15.5 bar (225 psi )
- Operating pressure range: 0 to 10.5 bar
- SG Sensor: 0-20 mA input
- On-board Computer: RS-232 serial
- Printer: RS-232 serial
- Device bus: Power line communication
- Operating temperature: -25 °C to +70 °C
- Storage temperature: -40 °C to +70 °C
- Dimensions: 182 x 53 x 75 mm
- Weight: approx. 550 g
- Approval: CE and E1