The TintTesta is a quick and easy to use photo optic instrument that accurately measures the light transmission through any type of vehicle window. TintTesta assists in verifying compliance with road vehicle regulations.
In recent years there has been a dramatic increase in the number of vehicles modified with different tints. Tints can be used to absorb the sunrays and preserve the vehicle interior or to try and reduce the energy used by air conditioning units. There are also other applications such as privacy or improving the aesthetic appeal of a vehicle.
In the UK, such tints have caused a concern for road safety. The TintTesta enables a regulatory body to easily control and prevent vehicles from driving with unlawful tints. The minimum requirements for modern vehicles in the UK are light transmissions of 75% for the windscreen and 70% for front side windows.
TintTesta is operated by aligning the transmitter and receiver on opposite sides of the glass and then pressing the 'Enter' button. TintTesta then emits a beam of light through the glass which is detected by its receiver probe on the other side. The unit then displays the percentage of light transmission that has passed through the glass. The reading can then either be manually recorded, or printed using the optional portable printer for potential court evidence.
Four 1.5V AAA batteries power the TintTesta. For data verification, a mandatory annual calibration is specified for the UK market. TintTesta has no memory capability; the operator either records each test manually to produce a report, or uses the optional printer.
TintTesta is widely used by Police Forces and Councils in the UK, and has been developed in conjunction with RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority) New South Wales, Australia.
- Size: 170 x 85 x 35 mm
- Weight: 0.5 Kg
- Box: Polycarbonate
- Light Source: Incandescent filament light source with nominal colour temperature of 2856°K (complies with CIE 1931)
- Light Receiver: Receiver with relative spectral sensitivity conforming to photopic curve V (λ) of the CIE 1931 standard observer for photopic vision
- Display: LED for easy and clear view
- Operating Voltage: 6 Volt DC (4 x 1.5V AAA batteries)
- Operating Temperature: - 10 to 50 °C
- Relative Humidity: 0 - 80% (non-condensing)
- Battery Life: >200 Tests (under normal conditions)
- Recommended calibration frequency
- UK: annually or every 2,500 tests (whichever is sooner)
- Republic of Ireland: every 2 years or every 5,000 tests (whichever is sooner)
- Other countries: please contact us for details
BOW900 - TintTesta
Light transmission detector.
BOW805 - Wireless Printer for TintTesta
A wireless infrared printer enclosed in a ruggedized rubber casing which allows the TintTesta to print out its results after each test. The printer is supplied with a charger.
BOW813 - Carry Case for TintTesta
A sturdy carry case for the TintTesta and its charger, which is also able to accommodate the BOW805 wireless printer (& its charger) and a spare printer paper roll.
BOW035 - Spare Printer Paper Roll
A spare roll of paper for the BOW805 wireless printer.