'Bowmonk Connected' Remote Support Service
How it works.
At or just before your booked appointment time
- This is usually a chargeable service that must be pre-booked with Bowmonk in advance.
- Remote Support requires that you download and use a trusted commercial 'remote access' tool called 'Splashtop SOS'.
- This will allow Bowmonk technicians to connect to your computer and provide the support you require.
- Please note, you must have the authority to grant remote access to the computer system in use.
- Please note, you must already have both requested and received your 'Key' zip-file from the DVSA.
, please click HERE
to download the necessary program.
What to do next.
- This link will open in a new browser tab or a new window, and you will be prompted to download a program.
- Once you have downloaded it, please start it as you would any other downloaded file or application.
- Once started, it will provide you with a unique 9-Digit code number after a short delay (highlighted below).
- Your Bowmonk technican will need this number to access your computer.
- Please Note : We are able to help you most effectively if you remain on the telephone with us during the support session.
At the end of your support session.
- To ensure Bowmonk technicians will no longer be able to access your computer, please close the 'Splashtop SOS' application that is running .
- To do this, click on the 'X' shown in the top right-hand corner of the picture below.
- If you wish, you may now delete the 'SplashtopSOS' file you downloaded above.
--- END OF PAGE ---