The i-PDM Core is In-CarPC’s mid level PDM (Power Distribution Module) supporting 15 outputs all controlled through the i-PDM’s software. The i-PDM replaces the need for conventional relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system, improving reliability while also simplifying the wiring system of the vehicle.
Available for purchase over at In-CarPC
View the rest of the range here
The i-PDM Core is In-CarPC’s mid-level Power Distribution Module solution with double the connectors of our entry level i-PDM Lite. It supports 16 input functions and 15 outputs and also comes with CAN Bus functionality for added integration into the vehicles electrical system. The CAN Bus connection adds the ability to not only integrate the system into the existing vehicle CAN Bus. But also allows for connecting up to 2 CAN Keypads resulting in additional inputs and even more customisability.
The In-CarPC i-PDM replaces relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system with a fully customisable power distribution module. It also takes input signals from physical switches, analogue voltages and the vehicles CAN Bus. The i-PDM controls various outputs including, radiator fans, vehicle lighting and even our existing range of PC’s and routers through these input controls. All signals are programmable via the i-PDM’s configuration software which features resettable fuses with fully customisable parameters.
The current being drawn across the whole system is constantly being monitored by the i-PDM. The current for each individual connection can be viewed in the software. The fusing values are constantly checked against the drawn current. This means if there is a fault due to over current the device is switched off to protect the vehicles wiring loom and also the connected device. If the devices fuse is set to retry the i-PDM will automatically reset the fuse and restart the device. This monitoring can also be used to log data from the vehicles electrical system and CAN Bus. Meaning the whole of the vehicles electrical system can be monitored and graphed in real time increasing reliability and dependability.
- i-PDM Core
- 4x Deutch DT Connectors + contacts
- USB Cable
- M8 ring terminal & cover
Advantages Over Fuses and Relays
- Greatly simplifies system wiring and reduces system component count.
- Reduces the weight of the electrical system.
- Provides increased reliability over traditional systems using mechanical relays.
- Solid state technology removes the problem of relay contact corrosion and relay bouncing in vibration heavy applications.
- Current draw can be monitored and logged to pre-emptively detect faults.
- Size: 200x160x54mm
- Weight: 615g
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
- Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
- IP Rating: IP67
- Connectors: Deutsch DT 12-Pin
- Update Rate: Up to 800Hz
- Type: 16 Analogue inputs, which can also serve as digital inputs
- Measurement Range: Each input can measure between 0V-6V
- Measurement Resolution: 10-Bit, or 0.01V
- Protection: Fully protected for input voltages from -24V to 40V
- Added Features: Current sourcing for ground switch detection. Configure as active high or low. Configurable Hysteresis voltage. Latching or momentary operation.
- Type: 15 High side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- Combined: 180A combined output maximum current
- Output Current Control Steps: 100mA (0.1A)
- Protection: Each output is over-current, over-temperature, load dump and reverse polarity protected.
- Added Features: Outputs can be retried multiple times after an over-current event is detected.
- Storage: 128Mb of onboard flash storage for logging i-PDM data
- Speed: 0.1Hz to 50Hz
- Viewing: Data can be downloaded and graphed via the In-CarPC i-PDM configuration software
- Output Functions: Each Output can be switched with a user defined function
- Logical Operators: AND, OR, NOR, XOR, NAND, NOR, >, >=, <, <=, Equal, Not Equal
- Type: USB 2.0 Compliant Mini-B
- Driver: Integrated driver for Windows 10
- Interface: 1x CAN2.0A/B
- Bus Speed: 50kbps, 100kbps, 125kbps, 250kbps, 500kbps, 1000kbps
- Input Stream: 40 Inputs, fully customisable variable parsing with bit masking and maths functions. A range of CAN config files are available to communicate with common ECUs.
- Output Stream: 15 Outputs, fully customisable CAN frame construction with maths functions