Easy to Use
Tests Service Brake and Hand Brake
Designed Specifically for Forklift Trucks
50 Test Memory
Portable Printer Available
Download Data to PC
The BrakeCheck FLT is our portable brake tester designed specifically for forklift trucks.
The Bowmonk BrakeCheck FLT is a fully self-contained, user-friendly, portable brake tester, which has been developed with a leading forklift truck manufacturer to take account of the slow speed and tilt of forklift truck vehicles. The instrument records the braking efficiency and percentage of braking imbalance in a matter of minutes.
The Bowmonk BrakeCheck FLT determines braking efficiency of both the Service Brake (Foot Brake) and Hand Brake by measuring the rate of deceleration from normal operating speed until the vehicle comes to rest.
The BrakeCheck FLT is the perfect tool to assist with LOLER/PUWER safety inspections.
Designed to be self-compensating, the instrument will indicate on the LED screen when it is positioned level enough to perform a brake test, with a generous tolerance to ensure that this is easy to achieve.
The unit indicates whether the vehicle pulls to the left or right during braking.
Test results can be viewed on the display panel or downloaded to a PC for saving or printing. A printed report can also be produced at the time of testing using the portable infra-red printer.
The device operates on a rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack and will power-down after a period of inactivity to conserve energy.
Calibration & Training
BOW801L – BrakeCheck FLT (Forklift Truck)
Stores 50 Service Brake and 50 Hand Brake tests into memory
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- Measures Peak Deceleration Front/Rear
- Measures Average Deceleration Front/Rear
- Measures Peak Acceleration Left/Right
- Vehicle pulls Left/Right indication and value
- Calculates Brake Efficiency
- Calculates Stopping Distance (displayed in metres or, by special request, feet)
- Calculates Test Speed (displayed in km/h or, by special request, mph)
- Can be used for Hand Brake Test
- Audio Signal
- Measures Ambient Temperature in °C and °F
- Battery charger supplied, with appropriate plug for destination country
- Operates for approximately 5 hours or approximately 120 tests on full charge
- Can be used after 5 minutes of charging
- Battery charge indicator
- Automatic level compensation
- Simple LED indicator system
- Easy to use
- “Calibration Required” indicator
- Three digit readout
- Display can be read in sunlight
- Internal self-diagnostics
- Test results are stated in ‘g’ units and are accurate to +/- 0.01g (results can be stated in m/s² by special request)
- Size: 170 x 80 x 35 mm
- Weight: 0.4kg
- Range of accessories available
The full range of accessories for the BrakeCheck are shown here.